Global Health Corps pairs talented, passionate young professionals with healthcare organizations that require new thinking and innovative solutions. One-year paid fellowship positions are available with high impact NGOs and government organizations in Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia. Applicants can apply for up to 3 fellowship positions that match their interests and skills, from program management to monitoring and evaluation, finance, communications and more. GHC is looking for people from a broad range of sectors and disciplines.
If you are interested, or know someone who might be interested, in applying to become The Grassroot Program Manager, please see the job descriptions and applications: for US applicants, CLICK HERE, and for international applicants, CLICK HERE.
Below is a sampling of the total 130 fellowship positions available for 2014-2015 fellowship year. To see the full list, go to http://ghcorps.org/fellows/
- Partnership and Programs Officer at the Malawi Ministry of Health in Lilongwe
- Program Coordinator at Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) in Uganda
- Global Program Associate at Planned Parenthood Federation of America in New York
- Knowledge Management, Information and Communication Fellow at CARE International in Burundi
- Knowledge Management Fellow at the Rwanda Ministry of Health in Kigali
- Knowledge Management, Communication and External Relations Officer at Jhpiego in Uganda
- Finance Administrator at Imperial Health Sciences in Malawi
- Operations & Finance Fellow in Rwanda at Gardens for Health International
- Program Manager: Core Programs at The Grassroot Project in Washington, D.C.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring and Evaluation Fellow, LifeNet International in Burundi
- Monitoring & Evaluation Fellow, Dignitas International in Malawi
- Malaria Program and Impact Evaluation Officer, Akros in Zambia
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The only requirements are that applicants must:
- Be 30 years old or younger
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree
- Be proficient in English
No prior health or international experience is necessary!
BENEFITS FELLOWS RECEIVE
- Livable monthly stipend
- Free housing and utilities
- Health insurance
- A professional development grant of $600
- A completion award of $1500
- An advising program that pairs fellows with a mentor in their area of work or interest
- A two-week Training Institute at Yale University in the United States to begin the fellowship
- An End-of-Year retreat in East Africa to finish the fellowship
- Three multi-dayretreats during the year
- Travel to placement site, all trainings and back home
- Professional development and personal support from a dedicated in-country program manager
- Accompaniment program led by Still Harbor
Apply at http://ghcorps.org/fellows/
Applications close January 26, 2014.